Monday, April 23, 2012

Spring Break!

One nice thing about being a teacher and a teacher in Vermont is all the extra breaks and days off. I just returned from a spring break visit to one of my favorite places, Collegedale Tennessee! I also got to visit Boston and Washington DC during my layovers. It was an awesome week! I saw so many people I have missed and got to relive life in happy valley for just a few short but wonderful days. I didn't realize how much I had missed being there untill I came for a visit. Helped me to appriciate it more then ever! Thank you sooooo much to everyone who helped make my spring break awesome, just for being there!

A few highlights include:

>spending the day before the Boston marathon in Boston!
>meeting Dean Karnazes!
>seeing friends from Florida
>eating Ethiopian food in Boston!
>getting off the bus!
>Hanging out with the brother!
>playing raquetball with Bekah!
>Running the biology trails. Even though there are tons of new trails and I was completely lost every time I went running, the bio trails have always one of my favorite places to run!
>Seeing old friends all over the place. I am glad there are still many people around
>Getting good information about a new job possibility!
>Convocation
>Pasta Day!
>Green drinks with Phoebe!
>Late night chats with good friends!
>visiting the schools I did student teaching at...it was neat that the kids still remembered me. I most loved getting to visit the Special Ed classroom that I spent alot of time in. They are some of the most amazing kids I know!
>running the Fit for Eternity 5k!
>fun get-togethers with friends
>watching soccer intramurals
>catching up with professors and other friends on campus
>bets :-)
>enjoying Sabbath at Southern!
>scenic drives
>smelling the little debbies again!
>cheaper gas!
>getting an OK shaped cookie cutter!
>sitting in on a few classes
>Seeing a few monuments in DC
>Just being back in a place I love!!

Now that I am back in Vermont I only have a few weeks left! I hope to make the most of the time I have left in VT and look forward to seeing where God leads me next!



No comments:

Post a Comment