Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 8: Your favorite movie and why

Whoa, what happened to blogspot!? I am switching days around once again because today was busy and I still need to go for my run and finish things up in my classroom before spring break, yay for spring break coming soon! Although I am not a huge movie fan and would rather spend my time doing more productive things, there are a few that I could watch again and again. If I had to choose a favorite off the top of my head it would be Second Hand Lions, it is a great film! You can read the general plot here I like it because it has a good mix of humor, adventure, suspense and overall feel goodness and actually has a good point to it. (although I am not a fan of the cursing that is spread throughout the movie) It gave me a fun example of what I would to be like as I get older. Not to be materialistic and squander money on worldly things but to be one old lady to never lose my sense of adventure! Towards the end of the film, grown up Walter learns of his two Uncles death and has the opportunity to meet another pivotal character from the story. After finding out how the uncles died, instead of extreme grief and sadness they were able to smile because he knew his uncles had "really lived" and that "They died with their boots on" or in other words, they died being able to do something they really loved! Other good movies in my opinion: The Princess Bride! Cool Runnings! Ben Hur and my mind is drawing a blank.....

How could I forget Fiddler on the Roof?!?! If you haven't seen it you should! You can learn about beautiful tradition, TRADITION!

No comments:

Post a Comment