Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 11: What is your dream job and why?

I am not sure that I have just one dream job. Why limit yourself to dreaming? There are many things I could do and be satisfied. Even if my dreams don’t come true, as long as God is leading I am right where I belong One dream job I have is to be a missionary! I would go wherever God called me but if I had a choice I would love to go back to Africa or somewhere new like South America. I have always had an interest of living in the mountains or in the jungle. I think it would be awesome to live off grid, in a hut, or some other natural habitat! If I ever go out in the mission field I would love to do some sort of health evangelism/outreach program with the local people and teaching would also be a great thing too! My original student missionary placement was supposed to be in Kenya, Africa where I was going to work with an organization called Hope Runs, a non profit organization that was founded to help sponsor kids in Africa to be able to have a safe place to live and run. Sadly it did not work out for me to go but it gave me the inspiration to try to do something like that in the future, God willing! Another dream job I have is to be a great PE teacher! To improve my skills and be as good of a role model to future students and community as possible! I would like to eventually work towards a masters degree but mostly I just want to gain experience in as many ways related to my field as possible! I would love to be able to develop and build a sound Physical education program that includes all the bells and whistles with resources and materials. I have learned that it can be difficult to manage a solid program without proper resources! Later on down the road I want to have a program that not only runs smoothly but that is based around health based principals and not focused around competitive sports. Although team sports have their place in schools I think it is vitally important for young people to have something at an early age that they can make into a lifelong habitual activity! Contrary to popular belief MOST people won’t be able to play basketball or football competitively when they are 80 years old, however activities like swimming or walking are more doable and great for beating that osteoporosis and scores of other diseases! One last dream job I have would be to simply stay at home and raise a family! Even though I love to work, I think it would be such a rewarding privilege to help raise children in a God centered and well run home where they could have at least 1 parental unit around

No comments:

Post a Comment