Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 18: 5 greatest accomplishments

What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?

I am not a fan of these kind of questions nor talking about myself but since I have been in job hunt mode recently I suppose I can list a few things...in no particular order

>becoming a long distance runner--this is something that started officially back in middle school and has changed my life forever. I don't know what I would be like without discovering the ability I had to run. I have been able to have so many great experiences, stay in shape, meet so many wonderful people, and grow in ways i could never have without the forward motion running has blessed me with. Whether it be running 1 mile or 40 miles, I have loved every moment and look forward to many many more miles.

>graduating college--I loved my college years and sometimes I wish I could go back but nothing is quite as exciting as having the feeling of finishing something that many people don't even start.

>leaving my comfort zone--The ability to do this in a variety of scenarios has been great. Whether that be coming to VT, getting up front in church, going overseas for a year, or working/talking to people I may not normally talk, etc. I have found the more I am "comfortable" the easier it is for me to drift from God. It is usually in the hard moments in life that I feel his presence the closest. I need to do a better job of leaving my comfort zone more often.



>figuring out what I love to do--I am glad I have been able to discover things I have a passion for early in life. I never changed my major although I thought about it a time or two. I feel that all the extra curricular I have taken part if throughout life have given me so many opportunities to try new things that I end up loving!

> My missionary experience--read about it in previous blogs. I think the time I spent as an SM really helped to shape the mindset and life philosophy I have now. It helped me become more focused and driven on what I want to accomplish later on in the future and has really helped me to set straight my priorities in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment