Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 15: What is your favorite part of your body and why?

This one is simple. My Heart.

Read here for the main scoop!

I love my heart for many reasons. It is an incredible machine! God did not fail to lack details and precision when designing this amazing muscle! Without it consistent work I would not be able live. I would not be able to run, swim, jump, hike, breathe, bike, frolic and do scores of other amazing things that require the constant lub-dub of my amazing heart!

Not only do I love my heart for its ability to keep me moving and living but I love the great symbolism that the human heart has. The heart is centered around passions, joy, peace, compassion, kindness, and love for others. Another great thing about the heart is that is where God goes. God doesn't go into my toes, my knees, or my fingers. My God comes into my heart and by all means I try to keep him centered there at all times. With God in my heart I then have the more clear abilty to make good choices, love others, and show God to others through my actions and words. Without God in my heart I find that life tends to be more foggy, hard times seem harder and the ability to be kind gets clouded over with the evil of this world.

Yes the heart is amazing and I am grateful for the one I have!

Matthew 22:37

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'

Philippians 4:7

Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3:16-18

I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through
his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow
down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s
people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.

No comments:

Post a Comment