Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 7: What are 5 passions you have

** I am making a switch of days here, this one is easier to write about with the limited time I have to write. dream job coming soon!

What are 5 passions you have?

In no particular order...

1. People (Family and Friends)!
2. Missions!
3. Teaching!
4. Being Outside!
5. Running! Being Active

When I think about all of these passions are kind of the same but different.

I love people! I think when I took the Meyers-Briggs test, I scored the highest in this category. It helps explains my passion for teaching and missions as well I suppose. I have found I have been more selective the last few years of the type of people I spend the majority time with. I believe the people you associate with can be very influential so I try to be around people that will lift me up and help me focus on what is important. I like to watch people as well and have discovered that you can unlock so many fascinating things about a person by simply listening to them! My family people have become very important to me over the last few years, especially with changed family dynamics I have come to see how important it is to communicate well and keep them close.

Missions: This is a no brainier! I loved my missionary experience and long to go back into the mission field again someday. I have loved being in VT because it is a very mission oriented place to be. It has helped me to really stand up for what I believe in. Like I mentioned before I know the mission field is all around me but I truly hope that it is God's will for my life to be a missionary and build a family around it someday. Long term overseas missionaries I believe can be more effective when supported by another like minded individual.

Teaching:
I love being a teacher! I have had fun this year branching out and teaching outside of school as well. I love seeing my students progress and imporve in thier knowledge and ability throughout the year. I live for the "ah-ha" moments! I can write more about this but it would take a while..in short teaching is awesome!

Being Outside!
I feel that for me running could be tied to being outside because I can not stand running inside. I would rather rum in a hurricane then on a hamster wheel! Being outside the best way I can connect with God. It is my thinking time. Nothing is better then being out in the woods or high on a mountain top! Hiking, running, biking, hammocking, the more sunshine and fresh air the better!

Running: This is the one thing that I think the majority of people out there associate me with. For a while it used to kind of bother me. I guess I just wished that people would take time time to know me for who I was and not just for what I was able to do. I know running is a gift and ability that God has blessed me with so that is why I run! I love it because for a few minutes or hours each day I can go out and not only exercise my body but I can exercise my mind and forget about the worry and stress of life! I have taken a huge liking to trsil running ever since living in Africa for a year. I have run 2 ultra marathons and hope to run more in the future. The challenge of pushing your body to run for hours on end is exhilarating and after finishing the race, SO worth the struggle! Road running is nice but there is something peacfully amazing about running over rocks, dirt, grass while listening to the wind and birds in the trees and not being able to hear the outside world!
I love to be active in general. I feel that it is important for me as PE teacher to be a first hand example of what it means to live a healthy lifestyle so I try my hardest to always do something that keeps me moving!
--------------------------------------------
Being Happy:
Another bonus! I choose not to include 10 pet peeves in the 30 day challenge because I try very hard to not dwell on the negative, even though in this society it can be tough sometimes. I love to smile, laugh and have a good time! If I am able to partake of one of the 5 listed passions I am usually a happy camper. Combine them and it is even better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment