Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 5: What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?

Oh where to start?! There are lots of things that make me happy! Like…..Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages tied up with strings. Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels. Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles. Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings. Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes. Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eye lashes. Silver white winters that melt into spring.

But of course there are these things that make me happy too….

1. Sunshine and spring weather! I don’t suffer from allergies so it is even better! As awesome as snow and cold is nothing beats the arrival of spring like the blooming of flowers, the song of new birds in the trees and the overall fresh smell of spring! Being outside makes me feel so alive!

2. Technology! Even though I am not as tech savvy as some I have come to appreciate technology so much this year because of its ability to help me stay in touch. I am thankful for the opportunities to email, skype, IM, facebook, and text and talk on the phone to friends and family scattered all over the country and for the most part far away from me. Even though nothing is better than face to face interaction, being able to stay connected has helped me get through this “drought of ‘E’ interaction” being in the Northeast!

3. Knowing that God loves me! This is something that always makes me happy! Sometimes I am silly enough to forget, when things aren’t going my way or when I don’t spend enough time with him to keep that connection alive. God’s love is the best thing ever!

4. Discovering new running and hiking spots! I love to explore and Vermont has been a prime territory for that! There are still lots of mountains and trails I want to hike but it’s been so awesome being able to have a wide variety of options this year, even if I have to drive to some places, it’s totally worth it!

5. My Students! Although it’s had its rough patches along the way I can honestly say I love being around my students whether that be at school, gymnastics, or in swimming lessons. It is really neat to be around these kids, they are a lot more interesting then I was at that age, for sure! Being able to bridge the generation gap by finding things that we can relate to has been fun! I have loved being a teacher thus far and will never forget my first group of students, lab rats that have had to put up with my newbie teacher mistakes. Mistakes I've learned from that I hope will help me to become a better teacher in the future!

6.**Living a Simple Life! Won’t limit myself to just 5 things so here is just one more. I think that for the most part I'm easy to please and love being lower maintenance then most! I have loved finding out what it truly means to live a simple life both with materiel things and financially. All though to some not having the bells and whistles in life may be uncomfortable and hard, I enjoy it. Not having TV, or a big place to live, or a bustling social life has allowed me to go at a slower pace and just enjoy living life! Although it sounds crazy, living below the poverty line has been a blessing. It has helped me to really stick to a budget and really prioritize things that are needs instead of wants. Being able to have other jobs on the side has been awesome because I have been able to meet people and have had experiences I wouldn’t of had otherwise. Far more valuable then extra money. This year has been a major faith walk with God. On paper it seems impossible that everything will work out each month but without fail they always do! I have loved seeing God work in mysterious ways and can't wait to see how he continues to lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment