Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 24: Views on mainstream music

Your views on mainstream music

This one is tough. What is the definetion of "mainstream" anyways?

I came across this video a couple weeks ago and I think it shows how much of an impact music can have on a person. Really amazing!

For me personally, music is very important part of life. Although I am not a great musician I have discovered different ways to really appreciate it! What else can get me to tap my toes, hum, and sing along better then music? I feel that music and music in different forms surrounds the world more then people realize. Whether that be on radio, in the wilderness, or in the streets music is everywhere and music can be a powerful thing. Doesn't it make sense that one should listen to music that uplifts and directs them in a positive direction?  I am open to different genres of music but definitely not a fan of the loud, screaming type of music. I like to understand what is being said in a song and prefer to hear positive messages in what I am hearing. I also can appreciate a beautiful well put together concerto or an instrumental song without lyrics. Some times you don't need words to hear what the music is saying.
I could go on but this topic is really complex, so maybe in another blog post folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment