Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 14: Strengths

Woo-Hoo 14 days down already! 1. Interacting with people----Like I mentioned before I love to be around people and I feel that for the most part, I know how to converse well with them, even with strangers. I have no problem asking people for directions and even starting conversations with people out of the blue. I have had some of the most interesting conversations with people on planes, crowded lines, or restaurants. It's always fun when I get to talk about my Africa experience, it seems to be a topic most people can listen to. 2. Passion and energy for things I do---There is a saying that goes, do what you like, like what you do and I try to apply that to my life everyday! When I find something I really enjoy I do my best to put my best effort forward when I participate. Whether it be running, teaching, missions, or being around people I always try to focus my best time and energy towards those pursuits and do the best I possibly can. I seem to have extra energy for things that I truly love to do! If I am in my element it is sometimes hard for me to stop. When it comes to people I care for the most students, family, or friends I like to find ways to take care of them by knowing things that they like and supporting them anyway I can. 3. Thinker on my feet--This is something that has become even stronger since being a teacher. I love to have a plan but sometimes things just operate at the beat of their own drum. I have learned that flexibility is key. So often my schedule gets rearranged or the things of life get thrown at me that I am not expecting so I feel that I for the most part can come up with alternate solutions to tasks or problems. 4. Perseverance--I hate to quit things or leave things unfinished. This can also make me appear as being stubborn which sometimes is the truth. I like to see things go fully to completion and to see how it can make an impact on the future. 5. Ability to lead-Another strength that has gotten better since being a teacher. I love to lead and make plans and rally troops but I have also found the ability to follow is just as important. I have tried to tone the all-time leader trait down a bit in different parts of life and think that it is really important to NOT always be in control but to let others have a chance at calling the shots. Obviously I can't do that as much being a teacher but I like to give my students choices as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment