Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 17: How have you changed in the last 2 years

Well since I am on a bus for a little while I figure I have time to write a more detailed blog..I'll try not to be too boring :-)

Even though I am not a fan of "change" it can be a good thing. Without change there can be no personal growth. Thinking back over the last couple years I have gained new experiences and new titles such as friend, ultra marathoner, college grad, teacher, and "zebra".

The last two years, in a nutshell, have been a whirlwind! So much has happened and life for the most part has been great! It has been almost 3 years now since I returned (the 1st time) from the mission field and I would say that first 6-12 months after returning helped to kick start me to the place and person I am now. It has been about two solid years since I finally felt adapted to the new person my experience as a student missionary helped turn me into. I had finally accepted and started to walk in the new shoes I had been given with determination and the goal to be the person God had turned me into. Praise the Lord!

One major thing that has helped me change (in good ways) is the circle of friends I have come to know and cherish. It has been such a blessing to be around so many like minded, mission minded people. The support, laughter, conversations, good food, hikes, bible studies, etc. I have taken part of have been awesome! Its been this last year being so far away from most of the best friends I know but it just makes the short visits even more memorable! In the last two years I have also finished the first round of my college education and have become a teacher! It was tough, at first, to be a student again after teaching as an SM but it went by fast and before I knew it I was on that stage shaking Dr. Beitz's hand! The job hunt was also something that was and still is a challenge but I know God is leading! I think mostly in the last two years I have reached the stage of being fully independent but at the same time being more dependant on God then any other time in my life. I may be a grown up in the real world, paying all my bills, rent, student loans, etc but its at this point in life I rely (or should more often) the most on God carrying me through. I hope to never lose that dependence.


No comments:

Post a Comment