Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 22: Something that you miss

Wow only 8 days left after this post. it sure has gone by fast. Maybe this challenge will be something I will miss? Not enough to write an entire post about it :-)

Something that I miss....let see. I miss lots of things. I miss most parts of my college days. I miss having a big circle of friends to be around. I miss the easy, care free life of being a "pre-adult"  To those who know me well this comes to no surprise I am sure but the think at this point in life, the thing I miss the most is Ethiopia, more specifically the beautiful wonderful kids I grew to love and cherish when I spent time there as an SM! I know many people say this about mission trips or a going overseas experiences but I know I left a large portion of my heart in Ethiopia!

                          The most recent pics of the kids of New Hope!
                                         They are  growing like weeds!

Gradually, over time I have figured out how to adapt without the heart I am missing but I believe more then anything, the desire to go back, to be a missionary again is what has filled in the gaps that are missing! I miss watching those kids grow up, I miss running with the boys along the river, I miss picking rocks out of the grain on the porch with the girls, I miss laughing with Tigist and Alvarash in the kitchen, I miss the sunsets, the market days, the taekwondo class (green belt baby!), mango season, climbing trees, laughing, singing, the crazy rainstorms. I just miss it. I hope to come back again someday soon but most of all I can not wait for the day where there won't be an ocean separating me from them or time separating me from anything else that I miss. What a great day that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment