Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Letter A

The "Aud"

AKA The Barre Municipal Auditiorum.



When i first moved to Vermont I always wondered what this building was used for. I heard about various events being held at the Aud and always thought it would be cool to see it myself. I got that chance this year during the 2 weeks of High School basketball playoffs. 3-4 nights a week I would walk the half mile from my apartment and go sit in the very energetic and spirited crowds to watch some basketball action. It was a fun way to relive my high school playing days. Even though I didn't know any of the players/teams I watched personally after being  referee all season I had been able to follow a few teams around so it was fun to see how they did in post season play! Half the time I sat in the "zebra balcony" with other fellow referees. Ever try watching a game with a ref? It is fun because contrary to popular belief by some, refs actually know the rules of basketball! The rest of the time I sat closer to the floor which offered just as much excitement. I usually would end up sitting with these two middle aged guys who were as into local basketball as you could get. They always saved me a seat even if I didn't end up sitting with them. They thought it was really neat that I was a ref and told me they expected to see me out on the floor reffing playoffs next season (wishful thinking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment