Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 27: 5 Hobbies

This is also a topic I wasn't going to write about since I think hobbies and passions are somewhat synonymous but I have discovered there are a few other things I enjoy doing in what free time I have left after teaching :-)

1. Cooking and Baking!
During the brief off season between basketball and softball i had a few extra evenings free so that allowed me to experiment with making different dishes! I have discovered that I have a very simple taste. I love cooking with vegetables. I will post a blog soon of some of the things I have come up with but for me the more color, and vegetables, and goodness the better! I also like to bake especially on those rainy coldish days!

2. Finding new places to run and hike!
One of my passions and most favorite things to do is to run and hike and I love to travel. Whenever possible I try to always run or hike if I am traveling somewhere new! It is a goal of mine to run a race or at least run a few miles in every state and eventually every continent. I have 2 (almost 3) out of 7 checked off!

3. Writing
I had forgotten how much I enjoy writing before I started this challenge. I much prefer doing creative writing over writing for a boring class or something I don't enjoy as much. While I was in Ethiopia I wrote in a journal almost everyday. I don't keep a journal as faithfully now but I should I love writing myself notes and to-do lists. A fresh pack of colorful post it notes makes me happy! I love crossing things off my to-do lists as well, oh yes! Even while having a "smart phone" I much prefer to write things down on paper instead of texting it to myself.

4. Singing in the car!
Enough Said! Who doesn't like singing in the car!?

5. Collecting Tea!
I have taken a liking to trying different types of herbal and fruit teas this year. Especially during the cold weeks of winter I loved heating up water in my tea kettle and enjoying a warm fruity drink with a good book or my devotions! I have quite the collection built up from people giving me different teas to buying them in the store occasionally.

6. Playing the Violin!!
How could I forget this! I just picked up the violin again and even though I don't practice as much as I should I find it to be so soothing and fun! Especially if I hit the notes correctly!

No comments:

Post a Comment