Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 29: Views on D&A

Your Views on Drugs and Alcohol.

Well this one will be short and simple. I have never in my whole life taken a sip, swig, or swallow of any type of alcoholic beverage and I am glad for that. I honestly never really felt tempted to do it either, even while being in situations where peer pressure would of made it very easy to give in. I have never smoked or done any type of illegal drug, another thing that I am glad for. I feel like I have not missed out on much by not ever living in the party world. I have been able to find countless ways to have fun anyways :-)

I believe one major reason why I have been able to steer clear of that scene is because of my early commitment I had to running. I wanted to make sure that I honored God with everything I did and that included the way I treated my body and lifestyle I lived and continue to live to this day. I don't believe that it is right for me to outwardly judge someone else who chooses to live a less strict lifestyle but in the end I am careful about who I choose to spend quality time with. Being around that type of influence is not my scene.

So my views are simple. People have the power to make their own choices. If it is something illegal then the judgment should be taken to make proper choices. I believe that alcohol and drugs are not good for the body in anyway, and so that is enough reason for me to not even think about trying them.


1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment