Monday, October 11, 2010

A little piece of home......

    (posing with some freshly made injera while helping out in the kitchen!)


I had a little piece of home tonight. Today was rather dull and I found myself feeling very sleepy for most of the afternoon thus resulting in very little productive work getting accomplished. I had supper in the cafeteria with Becca and then decided to help pass out information about SEYC. Since I was still feeling really tired I figured I should just go home but before I did I remembered that I was supposed to drop something off at a friends house, so I did. When I got there I was presented with a gift of leftover injera and shiro powder!!!!! It made my day!


I haven't had Ethiopian food since March so it has been long overdue. I hurried home to make a small batch of shiro and have a snack of my most favorite food! As I ate the delicious morsels, my heart was happily reminded of my year as a student missionary to the most wonderful place on earth!  The only things missing were 40 beautiful children running around the house getting ready for lunch, the warm Ethiopian breeze, and Tigist and Alvarash pulling me inside the dark smokey kitchen shack to drink some buna (coffee,shhh) with them after another filling lunch of injera!


It is so wonderful to have opportunities to be brought back down memory lane. Even though I wish I could be in Ethiopia eating injera, having a few bites here in America will suffice until the day God calls me back for a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment