Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Boston is Closed. Really?


My goals and ambitions took quite the hit today, perhaps it is just a clear sign. I went online this morning to get more information about a marathon coming up in December which would give me the chance to re qualify to run the Boston Marathon coming up this April. I was shocked, well not so shocked, to see that the race registration for that race was full, rats I thought!

After a good bike ride this afternoon Andrew, Michael and I were standing around and the topic of marathoning came up. Michael  then mentioned something about the Boston Marathon registration already being filled to capacity. "No Way" I thought and said out loud, there is no way such an elite race could fill up the same day that it opened!

But alas, after checking up on the rumor, I found it to be true. Boston is closed. Filled to capacity a mere 8 hours after opening. Sad indeed but now I suppose my path is all clear to really pursue my ultra marathon and perhaps half ironman quest. Boston will have to wait another year, maybe next year I will be quicker to enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment