Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fall Break--Michigan Style




Fall break was pretty exciting. Now it is over. So now I can blog about it. I meant to post this blog last week but time ran away faster then I run on the trails, ha.

Fall break was the best ever this year because I got an entire week off, what a blessing! I spent the first couple days catching up on life and trying to relax, it was rather nice.

I spent the later part of the speedy fall break traveling north to our sister institution of Andrews University. I arrived Thursday afternoon and spent the rest of the day with the amazing Emily Knott, who took me on a lovely running tour of the flat farm and wood lands that makes up a good portion of Andrews University! I had a first time running experience when we ran through the long pungent barns that housed the many, many, head of dairy cows! The mother cows mostly ignored us and chewed their cud as we whizzed by. The baby calves were much more fun to socialize with, so we did for a short bit before continuing on to Emily's apartment where we made delicious vegetable soup and bread, yum!

The rest of the weekend was spent with my dear friend Tina. We went apple picking at a nearby apple orchard where I had my first apple picking experience. After struggling to reach the highest, best looking apples I realized that it was not meant to be my life calling, seeing as how I am lacking long limbs that are needed to pluck the fruit from its high branches. Climbing trees was fun anyways! I got to catch up with other friends and ran into lots of other people along the way too! The weather changed quite a bit during the 3 days I was there, I am glad it wasn't too "cold."

I went through 3 audio books on the drive up and down which made the time go by much faster. All in all it was a nice break but it is good to be back in warm Tennessee! Now it is less then 7 weeks till graduation!!

AFRICA!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment