Friday, September 10, 2010

Marley and Me

Student teaching is the coolest! It is a wee bit stressful and overwhelming at times but after completing my 5th week I want to say I am starting to get the hang of it all. The first few weeks were interesting to say the least because of all the "scheduling dilemmas." I have gotten to know more then just the trouble maker students pretty well which has been a real delight. I try my hardest not to pick favorites but one little 1st grader has come very close to stealing my heart!

Her first name is Marley and her last name begins with a B (sorry privacy laws.)She is a cute-as-a-button German ESOL student. At the beginning of the year i gave my students a crafty way to correctly pronounce my name; I told them to think of Bob MARLEY and then add on the first letter of the alphabet--A--Marley+A=Marlier. When I was calling her name for attendance I was excited; A fellow Marley! Upon further expectation of her name tag I said "Hey it's Marley-B and Marlier, COOL!!" So now I make it a point to make that special connection with her in the cafeteria, the classroom, and where ever else I see her and she does the same except she just calls me Marlier, haha. After all Marley and Me, we are one of a kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment