Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's Only 40 Miles......

Apparently 40 is a big number. When I tell most people that I am training and therefore planning to run a 40 mile trail race soon I find myself having to justify why exactly I would want to do such a thing. It is all about perspective really, and lots and lots of optimistic thinking! Well, I tell them..."it will be fun! What can be better then spending the day outside in nature? Why not run 40 miles? At least it is not 100 miles, people run that far too you know."

Yes I am sure it will not be all peaches and cream the entire race. I believe this adventure will challenge me and push me to the limit and I am pretty excited about that. It will be an amazing day regardless of the potential aches and pains because it will be a day spent with God! So why not run? After all it's only 40 miles.....

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the positive thinking! You're gonna do great. :D

    ReplyDelete