Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sodom Pond 4 Mile Run

Well I checked something else off of my to-do list yesterday. I ran my first race in Vermont! The run went well and it was a great way to see what kind of shape I was in. The course was a 4 mile dirt road loop around a pond in the VERY country town of Admant, Vermont. The route had nice rolling hills and gave runners a magnificnent tour of country farms and pastures, showed glimpses of the rapidly changing fall foliage happening in the woods, and ran runners past intricate mazes of maple syrup tubing intertwined throughout roadside maple groves. There were only 30 runners in the field but it was neat to find out later that a former Female World Champion Ironman was in the pack! It was a very low key race. With only a $5 entry fee there were no t-shirts but i really liked how I got to choose a prize for my finish position instead of getting another plastic trophy! After the awards ceremony the club invited runners to partake of FREE pasta and garlic bread! It was delicious and getting to talk to some of the different runners really allowed me to experience the true culture of being in Vermont. Yep, a 4 mile run, 2.5 pounds of honey, free supper, and being introduced to some really cool Vermonters was an awesome way to end a Wednesday!

A glimpse of the fun!



Part of the race course.....



The prizes I had to choose from! Some were more tempting then others....



The obvious best choice! 2.5 pounds of Vermont honey!



Free food!!!!!



Post race treat to myself! Amazing gelato!

Good Wednesday!

1 comment: