Thursday, September 15, 2011

Exploring Nature



*names have been changed*

A couple days ago it was a beautiful sunny day so I took my K-3 PE class outside to run a few laps around the parking lot to warm up for class. I learned a little bit about the level of focus kids that age have.

"Alright kids when I say go I want you to walk, jog, or run around the parking lot 4 times."

"Okay, Miss Marlier!"

"Ready, GO!"

Running running, walking, walking, jog, jog......"No kids go AROUND the parking lot not through the middle"

After about 2 laps the kids start walking more to catch their breath. Meanwhile I spot Leroy and Joe* digging around in one of the flower beds in the middle of the parking lot.

"Hey boys, what are you doing?"

"Look, its a Caterpillar!!"

"Wow that is great, why don't you let me hold him and you finish warming up, OKAY?"

"Okay, Miss Marlier...run, run, walk, jog, jog, stop at a different flower bed"

"Did you find another Caterpillar, Joe?"

Leroy responds, "I think Joe wants to explore nature instead of run today"

Yes Leroy I think you are right.

Ahhh nature!

1 comment: