Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Another Page Is Turned!



After 4 1/2 years of school and one year of serving as student missionary, my time as an undergraduate student at Southern is finally coming to an end. Hip Hip Hooray?

Since I arrived on campus on that hot and humid July day in 2005 to take Comp 101 from Dr. Byrd (she is awesome, btw), God has blessed me with countless experiences, treasured friends, and memories so rich, so wonderful, so amazing, that walking (or in my case running) away from this place will be oh so bittersweet.


My love of running and being active definitely increased as God was gracious enough to give me endless opportunities to witness for him as I have become a half marathoner, marathoner, ultra marathoner, trail runner, triathlete, not to mention a certified PE teacher! Gotta practice what you preach, right?! Being able to use the abilities God has given me has be truly amazing!

The road to graduation hasn't always been easy. Many "spiritual potholes" have been strewn across my path, challenges of meeting deadlines have been faced. Studying for classes, making strong priorities, and balancing the responsibilities of being a student club leader always found a way to keep me busy. Add in intramurals, hanging out with friends, working at summer camp, and of course having as much fun as possible, and you have a pretty well rounded experience!

During my time at Southern I have been influenced and blessed by many caring and knowledgeable professors who have taught me more then just an extended version of the ABC's, 123's and what it takes to be a good teacher. They have taught and encouraged me to think for myself and to pursue a deeper and more meaningful relationship with God, which is something far more valuable then the excellent education I received here and the slip of paper I will receive in the mail a few weeks from now.

From the very first lecture that muggy summer day in Summerour Hall to the last lesson I student taught this semester I have continued to learn. I've learned about life and most importantly I've learned just how much God truly loves and cares for me!

Thank You Southern and everyone who made my time here awesome!

1 comment: