Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Twas the night before student teaching....

Well maybe I should wait till the first day of school but that is in less then 12 hours so i think it is soon enough to write a blog. I am not sure what to think of my first day coming up. I am nervous, excited, anxious, and honestly feel rather unprepared actually. You would think that after 4 years of books and lectures you could just jump right off the wagon and teach. I however feel like I should stay on the wagon for a few more minutes, hours, days, weeks........years maybe :-)

I sat through an insightful IEP (Individualized Education Plan) meeting this afternoon to learn about one of the special needs kids that I will get to teach during my 1st placement. I have always been interested and for inclusion in the classroom so i think it will be a great learning experience I just hope I am able to make PE beneficial for *Charley* and his documented 3 second attention span as well as all the other special needs kids that will be in my classes as well.

Well I suppose it is a "school night" and I suppose teachers need sleep too. Hopefully sleep will prevail tonight because many new adventures await in my new role as Miss Marlier!

*name has been changed due to privacy laws and such...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and God bless you on your first day! I'll look forward to more blogs in the future :)

    ReplyDelete