Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bienvenue au Vermont!



Vermont is a neat place! I have been here about a week now and already I can tell I will never be able to run all the amazing trails that are around here! For now I am living in a farm house about 15 minutes from school in a small country town called Graniteville. I love living in the country and have plenty of company around here in the form of 4 horses, 10 hens, 8 Long-haired Chihuahuas,and too many cats :-)
If you didn't guess by the name, Vermont has a ton of granite! In fact this area is the granite capital of the world! So if you ever need nice rocks come on up for a visit! Speaking of amazing trails I discovered that my back yard is home to miles and miles of awesome snowmobile paths that just so happen to be very easy to get turned around on. Getting lost is part of the adventure Right?! I love how quaint it is here. Small general stores all over the place, gardens, bike paths, and parks galore!

School preparation is going pretty well! I still have lots of work to get done before school starts August 29 but I can see the light at the end of summers tunnel! The classes I will be teaching are small but I am looking forward to teaching a Vermont worthy curriculum, especially in PE! Teacher dedication was this last Sabbath at church which was really special. After church I met Gary, a very accomplished 82 year old marathon runner! It was really neat to hear some of his stories and experiences! I will do my best to write more about him later!

I am really excited to see what adventures God has in store for me in my first year of teaching! I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous or scared about being somewhere completely new and outside of my comfort zone, let alone being responsible
for helping to mold something of pretty high value; a child's education! Thankfully though I serve a pretty awesome God who knows just how to cure an apprehensive mind!
I pray that I will always seek HIS strength and wisdom and allow HIM to work through me each and every day, through the good times and the bad!

1 comment: